Sunday, June 3, 2012

Tucson Food Truck RoundUp on Grant Road

For months, I have been reading about the Food Truck Roundup events popping up at different locations and this week, my hubby and I tried the one on Grant Road, outside The Shelter bar.  I guess, compared to other locations, the six or seven trucks (and cycle icepop) was a small gathering, but we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  We had pecan-roasted chicken wings from one truck; a stuffed hummus and vegetable wrap and Cuban sandwich from another, topped off with Pin-Up Pastries' "moon pies" (one, vanilla, one, salted caramel).  All the food was reasonably priced and tasty. 

Here are two photos from the RoundUp--another BrightSpot I am featuring.  Besides the food, chatting with other Tucsonans at well-shaded tables also offered us the opportunity to connect with other foodie-free-spirits on a hot Thursday night.  We'll return for another RoundUp soon!

No comments: