Sunday, July 22, 2012

Reading Partners is a Tucson "BrightSpot"

It's a goal of mine to keep shining the light on small miracles of our community, and naming them as a community "brightspot".  So here's mine for this week (and tooting my own horn a bit, as the Reading Partner at the Pima Library):  http://www.library.pima.gov/calendar/?ID=8871.

I can't take pictures of the children I read to or read with but I can tell you about one this past week who really brought joy to my day:  red-headed little Leah.  I am guessing she is about 3-4 years old and she knows her dinosaurs!  She didn't want to leave the story group but her encouraging parents needed to get on with her day and so, new books gathered in her arms, she left with a smile and "I will be back...."  I see different kinds of families and kids but if I can make one connection to an emerging or new reader each week, it lights up my week and beyond.

No comments: