Friday, November 16, 2012

Good News for Tucson's Youth and Pima Library

It's important to celebrate the good news (and not get stuck in the potholes)!  Here's an important update from one of my community colleagues:

In a media world that often bombards us with gloom and doom, I wanted to share some exciting, positive news for Tucson and Tucson's youth. For the past year or so I have been working with the Pima County Library to develop a youth media program. We just received notice that we were awarded a $100,000 grant from the MacArthur Foundation & Institute of Museum and Library Services to plan a youth media center and mobile lab in Tucson. We’re one of 24 communities nationwide – and the only one in Arizona – selected to receive the grant. The attached press release offers more details.


I share this with you all because so many of you are passionate about art, media, youth, and building a healthy and vibrant Tucson, and I hope we can count on you to help us build on this momentum to make Tucson nationally recognized for its work around youth media and voice.

As the project moves forward, I am sure I will be calling on many of you to help us make a Tucson youth media center a reality.

Cheers,
Josh

No comments: