Monday, July 15, 2013

Snap Surveys: an activity of Talk UP^ Tucson presentation/houseparty/salon gathering etc.

As a "next step" for my 2013 book Talk UP^ Tucson..., when a person or organization buys two books (or more), I will come and do a presenations, reading, sharing, etc. based on the book.  I have done three events so far, meeting my minimum goal of one event per month.  At Kellond School's 3rd grad class where I volunteer during the year, we brainstormed responses to "what do you like about the Tucson region?" and I wrote down their responses with the cup (half full, or, in this case, brimming).






At Centra Realty in June, I did that activity and added a "snap survey" activity.  I asked the group to rate the Tucson region on a 1 to 5 scale (one=low, five=high) on the "Four Pillars of Gross National Happiness."



1. Promotion of equitable and sustainable socio-economic development
2. Preservation and promotion of cultural values
3. Conservations of the natural environment
4. Establishment of good governance
(source:  http://www.ghhusa.org/what-is-gnh/

I did the same activity yesterday at a friend's book-house party.




I am looking for locations/invitations to do more events like this and gather enough informal data to share in a fall newsletter. So let me know if you would like to participate.  Books are available at Mostly Books www.mostlybooksaz.com and Antigone Books www.antigonebooks.com

No comments: